Friday 28 November 2008

Things seem to be starting to come together finally. Yesterday I did a guest blog for IndexUniverse.com about my specialty subject - securities lending - and how it applies to Exchange Traded Funds - their area of expertise.

It gave me a good reason to go out to a large proportion of my contact base and let them know what I am doing. I've got a bit of a plan now for a few potential products/projects and now I've got to sell it!

This is the first stage - making them aware that I am here and give them a very high level overview. My experience tells me I have to start with anyone that MIGHT be interested. Right now that looks like 300 different institutions. I need to get some kind of expression of interest from this group. Maybe 15% of them will ask me to keep in touch - 45 firms.

Then Phase 2 - more detail and maybe some of the headlines and objectives to try to capture their interest. 15% of them will want to keep going making it 5 or 6 firms.

Phase 3 - ask them for sponsorship! That will separate those stringing along and those that want it to happen. That should get the numbers down to 2, or if it's a great idea 3. At that stage it's worth the money and I proceed.

The completed document is the final piece - Phase Four. Copies for the sponsors to distribute and I get happy clients for my website and referral business for the subject matter. Simple isn't it?



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: