Wednesday 5 November 2008

Tying up Loose Ends

I have now learned that I can't always count on my day working out the way I had it planned. Yesterday I give myself a 3/10 ranking in achieving my objectives for the day. Given all the things that happened around the house here yesterday I couldn't have hoped for more than that, but still it was a wasted day in the job hunt. I now have to get over it, and make sure today is a more productive day. ARGHHHHH!!!!! There, it is now out of my system and forgotten.

Today I am having lunch with my old boss - yes, the man who said goodbye to me just last Friday. Now that sounds kind of weird I guess, but I am unemployed not because of him, but rather because of market events. They treated me fairly, I really enjoyed working at the company, and hey, Shit Happens!

Then I am seeing my financial adviser because unfortunately my mortgage is coming up for renewal. Great timing isn't it? Higher rates than when I took it out, and I don't have a job ... and this is the largest value mortgage that I have ever had. Fortunately, my amazing wife has worked hard to make sure my credit rating is as good as it possibly can be. Also, my adviser has worked magic in the past. I am hoping he can do it again. This is the real world that thousands and millions of other people in the UK are dealing with.

I hate the real world sometimes.

P.S.
I stayed up until 2.30 in the morning watching the US elections. Wow, what a result! It is trite to say this is a historic event. I believe that the election was the easy part - now there is the actual reality of having to deliver. they have majorities across the board. There will be no excuse for them not to deliver on Obama's election promises. In the UK, Labour was in a similar position when they came to power over 10 years ago. The legacy they will leave behind is one that has disappointed millions of hopeful voters. I truly wish Obama all the best - it's what the world needs now.

No comments: