Tuesday 4 November 2008

Day Two

The second day of my alternate employment. I have been really busy, and I kind of like it. I am responsible for taking action and I did so. The true test will come in the days and weeks to come. It's always easiest at the start when motivation and energy are high.

Day One Review

So, how did I do with my goals on Day One?
  • Fix my PC. The technician came over and took my two PCs back with him to do testing in his office. I did as much as I could so that is 7/10.
  • Start the updating process on LinkedIn. Kind of ... but not quite. I put in a cryptic line in my profile. 3/10
  • Sending out a message to my key contacts. Sent out 50 emails to my closest business relationships and a number to those I consider "friends" in the business. I had a great response and have the next two days filled up with casual meetings with various people. The feedback has been strong enough that I am going to wait a few days before sending out the next batch. As I wrote yesterday, the goal is to stay in the consciousness of people in the market. So, Friday will be my next target for emails to help fill up next week. 10/10.
  • Work on the Stock Lending Today blog. Posted this morning. A little disappointed because I haven't done any prep work for any other articles. 8/10

Today
  • First, I had to take care of a personal requirement. Done and back home at 11.30.
  • Follow up with a few people where we haven't been able to set a meeting time.
  • Finish the LinkedIn changes.
  • There have been a huge number of new members to the group I run: Securities Lending Traders Network. There have been over 30 new members in the last week (Over 400 in total at the moment), and I have to send out some more info to them. I am also trying to arrange a social evening for the London Chapter. Organising an event like that is not my real strength, so watch out for procrastination on this point.
  • I have joined Link Referal and The Website Owner Zone. Both of these have been really helpful and I am going to spend some more time on these sites today. Some really helpful people and comments. Thanks everyone.
  • I also expect to spend a ridiculous amount of time following the US election. If you are in the US - get out and VOTE!
Another full day planned. I am sure this will sound weird, but I have been working with at least two full size screens attached to my PC for the last dozen years. I am having a hard time without this luxury.

Is there life after Bloggin?

No comments: