Monday 3 November 2008

Day One

My new career - whatever that is, has now started.
I love (American) Football so my Sunday nights here in London are taken up with NFL on Sky TV. I love it a bit less when my Cowboys get crushed by the evil Giants like last night. When I had a job, I wasn't able to stay up late as my work mornings started with the 5.30 alarm. So today I indulged, and while I am not going into an office, I will continue to do so.

I got up at 8.30, had breakfast and have spent the past hour organising all of the websites that I will need to get started with my job hunt. What are my goals for today?
  • Get my PC fixed. Friday was the WRONG DAY for it to blow up. I am on my daughter's pink-clad MAC at the moment. A nice look, but not one for my professional portfolio.
  • Start the updating process on LinkedIn so that people know how to get in touch with me and that I am now available. I tend to tinker with things - always slightly adjusting them.
  • Send out the first batch of emails to my closest business contacts to let them know about my updated status. I plan on doing this like ripples in a pond. The first batch today will be the close ones. Tomorrow the next ring and so on. I think it is important that I maintain a consistent flow of contacts out there, so that someone is always thinking about me rather than trying to saturate everyone. Let's see how that works.
  • I will take some time every day to work on my primary work-related blog Stock Lending Today. Hopefully I will have the time to do even better articles, but I have been mostly happy with the work I have done so far.
That's it for today ... the clock is ticking and the expenses are now exceeding the revenues.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Zedman, Change is always for the best - if YOU want it to be so! Good luck.

zedman said...

Changes are not always within our control. It seems to me that real life is all about controlling what you can, and adapting where you have change thrust upon you!
My experiences have all added to who I am - for better or worse is for others to judge. Having a "Plan B" is never enough! What about Plan C, D, E, etc!

Thanks for your wishes